Breaking News

Sam walker remanded for drug offences in Runcorn

Infamous Liverpool criminal turned charity activist Sam Walker has been remanded to prison following a traffic stop.

The 38-year-old was caught after being stopped driving a car on Chester Road in Runcorn.

Following his arrest on Sunday, August 29 Sam Walker has been charged with possession with intent to supply cannabis, possession of counterfeit currency and driving while disqualified.

Officers then seized drugs and cash from the car he was travelling in.

A Cheshire Constabulary spokesperson said: “Police have charged a 38-year-old man with drug offences. 

“He was remanded in custody and will appear at Warrington Magistrates Court on Tuesday 31 August.

History

Sam is no stranger to prison or the media he was jailed for four and a half years back in 2008 for his part in a gang  peddling heroin and crack cocaine  on the streets of Halton.

Earning up to £2,500 a day, the mob spread around  Widnes,  Runcorn and the surrounding areas, before being caught in a police sting that saw £12m of drugs seized, along with  luxury cars, bundles of cash and jewellery.

Since then, Walker has been back in front of judge multiple times accused of offences involving violence, firearms, counterfeit cash scams and multiple driving offences.

After returning to the UK from Sierra Leone where Walker oversaw the delivery of a container full of supplies, and the installation of a water tank and pipes, Walker went on to commit more offences.

These included two high speed police chases  and smuggling a mobile phone in prison, leading to him being jailed for 33 months last February.

He even had celeb interests like Love Island star Malin Andersson has been visiting Sam Walker in prison in 2019.

Miss Andersson, 26, has been spotted at HMP Woodhill in Milton Keynes three times.

Walker is currently serving 33 months at the Category A prison for a string of drug offences. 

Most recently on my YouTube channel I covered his charges he obtained in prison.

Prison guard attack

He admitted a string of offences, including attacks on, and threats to the property of officers, in two prisons, earlier this year.

The offences include conspiring with others to cause damage to the cars of 14 prison officers parked outside HMP Manchester, also known as Strangeways, on February 27.

Samuel Walker gave his guilty pleas to six offences, three each committed at HMP Manchester and at Durham Prison.

Walker, 37, originally from the Liverpool area, was appearing in person, having been produced at Durham Crown Court after being brought by prison van from HMP Forest Bank, in Greater Manchester, where he has been on remand recently.

He refused to leave his cell at that prison when he was due to give his pleas via video link at an earlier hearing.

When produced in the dock, at Durham, Judge Ray Singh addressed Walker, who was unrepresented.

A trial was previously provisionally pencilled in for late October, but would have involved production of a number of prison officers, from both Strangeways and Durham, to give evidence.

The judge said Walker could have his trial, if he wished, but said, should he admit the charges, with a deduction for the guilty pleas, he would be looking at a sentence of something like 18 months.

Walker said he would plead guilty if the charges were put to him.

He admitted the conspiracy charge, plus two counts of possession of a prohibited item, a mobile phone, both on admission and two days later in his cell at Strangeways, in February.

Walker also admitted assault on an emergency worker, a prison officer, and threatening to damage property, the home of another officer, both committed at HMP Durham in mid-March.

The final charge, also admitted by Walker, was making a threat to kill a male officer, uttered to a female officer, at Durham Prison, on May 5.

Judge Singh agreed to adjourn sentence to allow the Crown to seek the views of the officers involved in the Durham Prison incidents over their wishes as to the desirability of restraining orders being made to prohibit approaches or contact by Walker.

Phones in prison

Back in 2019 inmate Sam Walker was found to be filming YouTube videos and tweeting from his cell in a UK prison using an illegal mobile phone.

His Twitter account, samwalker0151, which has since has been deleted, had more than 19,000 followers.

He featured on RT news and Ladbible.

The chairman of the Prison Officer’s Association said that staff at the prison believe an accomplice has been posting under Walker’s name and on his behalf, but they were unable to find a phone despite repeatedly searching his cell.

They think he may have concealed it “in his person.”

Sam Walker again in 2020 has posted a video from inside a maximum security prison where mobile phones reportedly cost thousands.

The convicted criminal once again managed to have a video posted to his YouTube channel in a bid to show people “what prison is really like”.

Walker, 36, has become known for his presence on social media while in jail but this time he used a phone which he claims cost him £3,000 at HMP Whitemoor.

In the video, which is believed to have been taken at the Cambridgeshire prison in January, Walker introduces himself before talking about his move to the category A men’s prison.

At the beginning of the illegal footage, he tells his 2,300 subscribers where he is before explaining what kind of prisoners are held there.

He said: “Welcome to Whitemoor, the maximum security facility which is full or terrorists, murderers and the most high security prisoners in the country.”

Walker then shows his prisoner ID card to seemingly prove where he is being kept during his most recent sentence 

He has had a eventful life and i’m sure this won’t be the last we here of Sam Walker.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *