People living near the scene were shocked by the incident, with one person who has lived in the area for more than 30 years saying it’s “very unusual” for anything to happen and it’s usually “very quiet”
police confirm that a man fatally stabbed in Halewood on Friday night, 29th October, has been formally identified as 31 year-old Jordan Brophy.
Mr Brophy, who was from the St Helens area, sadly passed away in hospital on Friday evening, after being found with stab wounds in Beechwood Avenue.
His family are being supported by specially trained officers.
Six people have been arrested in connection with his death.
A 26 year-old man has been released on bail pending further enquiries.
A 33 year-old man has been released with no further action taken.
Four people remain in custody.
Enquiries into the incident are ongoing.
Detectives have arrested a sixth man on suspicion of murder following a fatal stabbing in Halewood on Friday night, 29 October.
At around 6.40pm, emergency services were called to Beechwood Avenue to reports of a man in his 30s being stabbed and in a serious condition.
He was taken to hospital where he sadly later died. His family are being supported by specialist officers.
A Home Office Post Mortem has confirmed that the victim died of stab wounds.
Detective Chief Inspector Sue Hinds said: “Another arrest has been made but we’re still very much looking to speak to anyone with information to assist.
If you know anything about this attack or hold any CCTV, dashcam or other footage, please come forward as soon as possible.
“We believe that this was a targeted attack, the reasons behind which we are keeping an open mind.
We think that the offenders made off in a vehicle so if you saw or captured any vehicles driving off at speed in the area let us know.
“It is absolutely vital that anyone who saw, heard or knows anything comes forward, either directly or anonymously, so we can act quickly.
“We’re determined to find answers and put all of those responsible before the courts.”
Teen charged murder in Prescot
Two 15-year-old boys were arrested after a teenager was stabbed in the street.
Police rushed to Thomas Drive, in Prescot, in the early hours of Monday after an 18-year-old was attacked.
He was rushed to hospital in critical condition as police in the area cordoned off the scene.
Sniffer dogs were at the scene along with forensics officers.
Evidence markers were placed on the road next to a covered car, which was later towed away from the scene.
“A 16-year-old teenage boy has been arrested on suspicion of Section 18 wounding with intent and remains in custody.”
On Tuesday evening, the police said that the teenager’s condition had improved and then later added that a boy had been charged with attempted murder.
In a statement, it said: “A 16-year-old male has been charged with attempted murder and possession of a bladed article after an 18-year-old man was stabbed on Thomas Drive, Prescot, in the early hours of Monday, 25 October 2021.
“He will appear at Liverpool Youth Court tomorrow (Wednesday, 26 October 2021).”
On Wednesday evening police arrested two 15-year-olds, one from Rainhill was arrested on suspicion of S18 wounding, possession of a controlled drug (cannabis) and possession of an offensive weapon in a private place and a second, also from Rainhill was arrested on suspicion of S18 wounding.
Both teens were taken into custody and are being questioned by detectives.
A spokesperson said: “Detectives have arrested two males following the stabbing of an 18-year-old man on Thomas Drive, Prescot, in the early hours of Monday, 25 October.
“A 15-year-old from Rainhill has been arrested on suspicion of S18 wounding, possession of a controlled drug (cannabis) and possession of an offensive weapon in a private place.
“A second 15-year-old male from Rainhill has been arrested on suspicion of S18 wounding.”