Two man shot in car in Birmingham street

Detectives have launched a murder investigation after a man died at a Birmingham hospital this morning. Two men who had been shot made their own way to Heartlands Hospital shortly after midnight.

Sadly, a 30-year-old died a short time later. The second man, aged 24, remains in hospital but his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. Our investigations are in the very early stages, but we believe the men were in a car on Eversley Road, Small Heath, when they were shot. 

Officers remain on Eversley Road and the car park of Heartlands hospital while we conduct forensic examination of the areas. We are also speaking to witnesses and reviewing CCTV. We also have officers carrying out enquiries on Millthorpe Close as part of the investigation. The family of the man are being supported by specialist officers at this sad time. 

There will be an increase in police presence around the area in coming days. Officers will be offering reassurance, so please talk to them if you have any concerns. The victim, a 30-year-old known by his nickname, Kazee, was shot in the early hours of Thursday, July 7.

Ladywood shooting

12 hour later Police have arrested four people after a teenager was shot in the leg and a gun was fired at an unknown person in two separate incidents yesterday (July 7). The victim, 19, told police he was shot on Clissold Street in Ladywood. It’s understood by officers investigating that the offenders made off in a white Vauxhall Astra. 

After the shooting, he made his way to hospital, arriving just after 12.30pm. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

Later, police received reports of shots being fired in Heaton Street in Hockley. Cops said someone was spotted ‘running from the scene’. There have been no reported injuries from that incident.


Hours later, police found the same white Vauxhall Astra from the previous incident in Perry Common Road. A machete was seized from inside. Officers remain at the scene while investigations continue. The occupants were believed to have jumped in a taxi, police said, which was intercepted by firearms officers less than 20 minutes later.

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *