2 men charged after care home murders in London

There were 2 murders within 5 hours of each other in Adult care homes in London this week have seen 2 people charged with the offences.

Officers investigating the death of a resident at an adult residential home in Hayes have charged a man with murder.

Rajinder Pall, 44 (30.07.78), of Lansbury Drive, Hayes, was charged on Wednesday, 4 January. He will appear in custody at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, 5 January.

Police were called at approximately 23:50hrs on Monday, 2 January to reports of a man assaulted at the supported residential accommodation in Lansbury Drive.

Officers and London Ambulance Service attended. Despite the efforts of the emergency services, a 60-year-old man died at the scene. He has been named as John Hallissey.

His next of kin continue to be supported by detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime Command.

A post-mortem examination carried out on Wednesday, 4 January confirmed he died from compression to the neck.


Both the deceased and the man arrested were residents at the facility.

Police have said enquiries are ongoing.

Murder 2

In a bizarre coincedence another man was murdered several hours later over in Newham.

Already a man is due to appear in court charged with the murder of another man at an adult care facility in Newham.

Rolando Torres-Pena, 21 (25.03.01), previously of Carson Road E15, is due to appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, 5 January.

Officers were called at around 03:45hrs on Tuesday, 3 January to an adult care facility on Glen Road, E13 to reports of a man injured.

Police and London Ambulance Service attended to discover a 34-year-old man with head injuries. Despite the best efforts of emergency services, sadly, he was pronounced dead at the scene.


His next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.

Scarcity was able to ascertain that theree is a mental health ward in Newham hospital which is situated on Glen road where the murder took place.

A post-mortem examination held at East Ham Mortuary on Wednesday, 4 January gave cause of death of compression of the neck.

A 21-year-old man was arrested at the venue on suspicion of murder. He was taken into custody and later charged as above.

Both he and the deceased were residents at the facility.

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *